Just Me Myself And I

Just some nonesense rambling along with mini tales and views of thing. Some DQMW fanfic as well.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Opening to "More Than Just Friends"

Here is the opening bit to my DQ fic, "More Than just Friends." Probably still needs editing, but I'm tired and I wanted to post a little of it to let you get an idea of what this story is about before going off to bed. I'm sure you have an idea from the title itself. This forces me to get it posted soon. If I don't don't this, then it will likely take me a long time before I get around to editing it. Here it goes. Let me know what you think.


“Olive, have you seen Sully?” inquired Michaela upon entering the mercantile.

“No, I haven’t seen him since he came in to buy some supplies some days ago for some trip he was going on. I think to do some surveying.”

“Oh. Did he said where and when he was coming back?” Michaela replied uncomfortably.

“No….He didn’t say. All I know I saw him heading south out of town. Knowing him, he’ll be gone for a couple of some days.” Michaela’s heart plummeted. Not really sure why, she tried to put on a smile and act nonchalant about it.

“Well, that’s alright. I just thought he might be able to check on the roof since it appears rain is heading this way. I’ll just have to wait until Matthew comes home tonight.” Disappointedly she sets out to leave when Olive gently grabbed hold of Michaela’s arm forcing her to look at her. And with an understanding knowing smile, she looked directly into Michaela’s eyes.

“Michaela, don’t worry. He’ll be fine and soon enough he’ll be back . Seems to me you really care about him.”





7 Comments:

At Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Olive is a smart lady. LOL More please!

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:54:00 PM, Blogger Maritza said...

Thanks Lynn. I'm going to wait a couple more days to post so that I can look over it after putting it away. I'm sure I'll catch some mistakes. So I started in on trying to finish up my other fic to hopefully post that one soon afterward. I'm trying here to force myself stay on a tight scehdule with a few writing projects.

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maritza,

It's so good to read something of you again. Hope you will have time and power to handle of of that responsibility and still can go on with your own life.
Maria

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:47:00 AM, Blogger Maritza said...

Thanks Maria, so far I haven't gone under surviving the the nonesense RL throws at us.

Oh, someone else posted a comment and when I went to moderate it, it disapeared. So I didn't get to read it. Who was that and what did you say?

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Maritza said...

Oh, I just figured out where that missing comment went to. LOL!!!

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Maritza said...

Oh, I'm dying to post the story, I'm just waiting on a friend to proof read it. Sorry for the delay, but RL life can be a handful.

 
At Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home